Sunday, February 3, 2013

Reasons I Don't Want To Watch Megaforce: Time for the Trolloz

Jonathan Trachzor is still Executive Producer and he made Unsuper Unsamurai Super Samurai Shitty Shitty Bang Bang or whatever you want to call it. So it is going to be made cheap with little soul and heart into the project, just because they do not know who to hire to make the show good again.

In fact, correcting what's wrong with Super Samurai may make you less in favor with the shows' officers, because you'd be changing "what made Samurai so popular," which is what Saban & Company want to avoid, although, they did this from Mighty Morphin all the way till the slump in Turbo.


Financially, the series was a hit with a very low budget. Critically, the team did not know what made Power Rangers click. Bringing Tony Oliver did not help.
It's sort of like watching Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the.... y'know. I ain't saying it cuz the title is too long.





Seriously, they're like 50 years older!

Two years ago, I watched Nagisa Oshima, Seijin Suzuki, David Lynch, John Schlesinger, Park Chan-wook, Lars Von Trier, Jean Luc-Godard and Robert Bresson. I tried watching Mighty Morphin and I started noticing all these little things that bothered me with the show that I already knew were flawed in the second season and it bothered me a bit. I was not as addicted with the show as I was before having fun with the little footage changes and simple story repetition. It was no longer a phenomenon or fascination with me anymore. It had went from my life to a My Little Pony fad as I evolved my work with more fulfilling projects.

That is not to say Power Rangers cannot be fulfilling..

But look at the results!

They brought in new writers and Trachzor personally directed the first episode, so hope?
Maybe.

But boy does that sound exciting?

The Good
They seem like they'll be a bunch of Power Ranger nerds and think that Mighty Morphin is gold. It'll be preschoolish like Samurai was, while appealing to adults without it being like a Black Stallion or WALL-E. Admirable.
Geoff Dolan the voice of Koragg and Dai Shi coming back.





No comments:

Post a Comment