Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Kamen Rider Dragon Knight Episode 1, “Search for a Dragon” Positives and Negatives

I already (link) previously explained (link) how Dragon Knight was probably inspired by the VR Troopers/Empire Strikes Back storyline. (Yay, VR Tropers fans!)

Other stuff I want to explore is the constant hallucinations of Kit Taylor seeing his dad, the Taylors’ friend who helps Kit out of juvenile hall, Maya’s role or lack thereof in this episode and how the writing is crafted a bit better in this episode than in others.

So anyway, the hallucinations are interesting, although I don’t recall if they actually add up to anything in the end. Is Kit crazy? Is his dad actually in another world or is it the other dude as revealed later on?

Also, what’s with this character that bails him out? I really don’t recall him in the show! (Yeah, some fan I am I know.)

Maya does nothing this episode, but it’s a debut/intro so it’s fine.



However, the main strength of the episode is the crafting of Len’s character (costume design and mission) in addition to Kit’s story about looking for his father prior to the two meeting at the end of the episode. That was well crafted and something I recall quite well.

Also, dumb Kit running into a spider monster sorta ruins that, but whatever. The Dragon chase is cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment