Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Power Rangers Mystic Force Episode 10, "Petrified Xander" and a little bit of Gatekeeper

I'm petrified alright.
There's a call pun when the Rangers have phones for some odd reason too.
It's actually not that bad of an episode. Not something I consider Power Rangers or comical, but it's for that demographic they want.
Watching it without Magiranger glasses, although ones expectation is that everyone should enjoy the show, I can see some fans enjoying it opposed to others. I myself didn't like it till 10 years later. I was annoyed by Xander, didn't get his perfection, egotistic character, as something audiences would enjoy, but enjoy it now. Understanding how his character works, as unremarkable and lame he is, it's still a character.
PUNS!
As annoying as those puns were, I feel like developing a sense of humor with my punny brother it got better.
I legit felt for Vida when she felt bad that Xander may die.

Clare comes in handy saving Xander, when it could've been Udonna.
The fists don't really make sense compared to Magiranger, but the spell is really just a MacGuffin this episode anyway. Adds a bit to Clare, even if the character could've been consolidated at not much really helps her character.

Also, I don't really learn anything about Xander, and this was a poor lead up to Gatekeeper, which itself was poor, because of its lacking of introducing a cool character like Rin was in Magiranger, but was a good use of resources.

I would've picked Phineas. or a lesser known extra. A fairy Gatekeeper would've made stuff more interesting.

Toby. He basically can find out who the Rangers are anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment