Saturday, May 13, 2017

Power Rangers Operation Overdrive Episode 4, "Heart of Blue" episode 4 review 10 years later

Before, I really disliked this episode, pretty much because Dax's name was Dax. The episode was strinkingly similar to Boukenger although not Samurai-ish despite the Yasuko Kobayashi connection. (Seem familiar with what I thought of the Will episode you think?)
Dax's acting was great as was Miritrix. It was really hard to tell she was going to be the baddie, and the only reason I thought so was cuz I watched Overdrive. I always liked Miritrix's actress and she shines even brighter before in this viewing.
I thought Spencer was gonna disguise himself as the baddie, in the end of the episode.
Really wonder how they pay off Dax's storyline in the end
There's great martial arts

Will states a woman has Dax under her spell before hugging Rose.
He also asks about his hovertech cycle. They fight Chillers later on.
Gray Manx capturing things. They could've worked Dax and Will together into the episode together better, especially since the Boukenger episode features Blue and Black. I dunno, I would even say that originally Disney wanted to make it two episodes before combining the two storylines.

They establish that Dax is about being the hero. I never watched the finale of the series to figure out if this happens, but hopefully he does, as it would be a big payoff. I wish they incorporated that more with Mack's character through the series, like they could've showed a similarity between Dax and Will's characters this episode. Oh well. Hopefully, it'll work out later.

No comments:

Post a Comment