Saturday, October 18, 2014

My Power Rangers Super Megaforce, "All Hail Prince Vekar" opinion reminds me of my Batman and Robin

"You know what killed the dinosaurs?" "The Ice Age!"
I grew up in the 90s. Arnold Schwarzenegger was in.
Those films are a lot of fun. I love that type of stuff. I wish he would yell that out everytime I see Commando.

By the time the 2000s got here though, people got sick of Arnie

People hate Batman and Robin.
They treat it like the plague.
They treat it as the worst thing since 3D.
I recently watched it and enjoyed it.

Yeah for no apparent reason, they like the Avengers which is just as self-indulgent and mindless.

Speaking of which, why did I like this episode of Power Rangers Super Megaforce, by the way?

Because my mind was thrown out the window.

After a wonderful vacation, post that terrible thing known as "The Perfect Storm," I got back to analyzing episodes completely throwing out the my critical mind out the window.
As much as I enjoyed the episode, audiences watching "All Hail Prince Vekar" probably react to the episode with the same amount of pain Bane and Batman felt in the Dark Knight Rises in a pit where they, paralyzed and unable to escape were stuck watching Batman and Robin! The jokes weren't cringeworthy and followed a certain logic, but at least Arnold did his most Arnoldyist! Vekar says a bunch of sentences that are from a joke book, but it's as if the voice actor is reading them off the page opposed to performing them in front of an audience.
Furthermore, the episode has to do with the themes of death and family, like in Batman and Robin with Alfred's death and sons not listening to fathers while wanting to prove something.

No comments:

Post a Comment