Saturday, March 7, 2015

Prisoners' Director will helm Blade Runner sequel

I have issues with making a sequel for the film as I've stated multiple times.
I didn't even complain about Prometheus, because I thought it was really good having Engineers creat humans and other beings, having a God of humans destroy them, much like a god of robots get killed by his creation
But Ridley Scott always said he wanted the ending of Blade Runner to be ambigious as to whether Rick Deckard was a replicant.
And bringing back Harrison Ford without Sean Young was going to be a problem for that.

There were very few directors I think should actually direct this, beside Denis Villenueve. That I'll get into in a different article.
This is his first really big budget film. This can be a big impact as he's really hit hard for his films. He has vision. He makes art, not entertainment.
http://www.theverge.com/2015/2/26/8118719/blade-runner-sequel-director-denis-villeneuve-ridley-scott

No comments:

Post a Comment